Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Information
Systems, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 or more years of work experience on a successful data focus/centric team using BI tools, programming languages, and operating systems supporting business intelligence environments.
- Experience designing and developing reporting systems from very large data sets.
- Gather and define data requirements based on specific application business requirements.
- Understanding of data structures and data modeling with a focus on extracting data for analytics and reporting, with a strong background in SQL with knowledge of design best practices.
- Information / data extract, transform, and load experience.
- Experience optimizing business processes in a data-driven way.
- Experience writing complex SQL scripts to extract data from various databases and systems to make data available for enterprise reporting.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems, utilities, and scripting languages is required.
- Experience in project planning and project life cycle methodology is preferred.
- General knowledge of life insurance company operations is preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create data structures based on best practices.
- Experience with databases and writing SQL queries to access data.
- Identify areas for improvement through various comparative analytics, statistical and data mining techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to present and provide meaningful business insights from data, not just produce reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to learn quickly, follow direction and execute tasks independently.
- Ability to plan and execute all phases of a project with group and independent responsibilities
- Ability to assist, train and mentor other staff members.
- Professional programming experience with statistical programming languages (such as R, Python), data analysis platforms preferred.
- Agile project experience preferred.
- Cloud computing experience (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) preferred.